Thursday, July 27, 2017

It's All About Love

Today I'm in the process of packing.  I'm taking a trip for a week (plus) to go see my Mama, my brother, niece, and lots of other friends and family members.  I'm super excited to say the least.  I'll be able to hit my favorite (and the BEST) scrapbook store, Pine City Scrapbooking Co., and my favorite (and the BEST) ice cream store in the world, Nelson's Ice Cream Shop.  These are a few of my favorite things.  Can't wait!!

But before I go, I wanted to share a quick card I made a few weeks ago while my BFF was visiting.  We made so many cards and mini albums that I forgot to post some of them.  This was one.  It was made with some Crate Paper products, some Ivory Burlap String, vintage tape, and distress inks.

Thanks for visiting me today.  I have a few posts scheduled for while I'm away, but I may be a bit scarce.  I'll be back in time for our exciting new August release at Paper Sweeties, our Blog Hop at Really Reasonable Ribbon, and a few other things you won't want to miss.  I always appreciate having you stop by.

Blessings to you all,
Karen


Cupcake Inspirations Challenge Blog - Challenge #415 In The Garden

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - You've Got The Edge - To create the rounded/curved edge (pink piece) on my card, I traced a dinner plate onto my patterned paper.  Then, I cut it, frayed and inked the edge to give it a torn and vintage/aged look.

Double D Challenge Blog - A Pop Of Color - I added some pink to my black/white combo.


8 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip - lovely projects shown here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card, Karen. Have fun with the family and enjoy your ice cream. It's still National Ice Cream Month. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card...love all your fabulous details and that pink! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty Karen! I adore all the layers. Ice cream is my weakness...enjoy your trip! Thank you so much for sharing your artwork with us at Cupcake Inspirations this week. Wendy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the different patterns and elements! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, Karen! Thanks for joining the Double D, "Black/White with a POP of Color" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your trip Karen, and safe travels - there is nothing better than visiting family!! Love your card - those roses are really dramatic!
    BLessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Karen :-) the flowers are so pretty and I love how you layered all of the elements, absolutely fabulous :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.