Monday, July 10, 2017

Cheers from Really Reasonable Ribbon

Welcome by, everyone!  I'm posting for Really Reasonable Ribbon today with this sweet card that I created by combining two patterned papers that I inked with Tim Holtz Concord Grape Distress Ink and glued together.  I ran a torn piece of pink/cream striped washi tape along the sides of the smaller piece of patterned paper.  Then, I added a sentiment card (cheers) that I inked with Tim Holtz Spun Sugar Distress Ink.  The patterned papers and sentiment card are all from Crate Paper.
Once I had all that in place, I chose to adorn my card (quite) a bit.  At the bottom left, I made a BIG bow layered with Mulberry Flowers; and they were added (from the bottom up) in this order:  I tied a double bow using the 5/8" Delphium Delicate Stitched Satin Ribbon, Lilac Seam BindingBaby Pink Seam Binding, Ivory Burlap String, Natural Burlap String, Burlap Center Stitch Brown, and then a 35mm WOC Green/White (pink) Paper Leaf, and several Sweetheart Blossoms including purple, ivory and white.
You'll also see that just below the sentiment, I added some Embellishments including a felt bird who is sitting on three White Flat Back Pearls and nest made of  Violet Burlap String and Ivory Burlap String.  I really wanted you to see a close-up of the sweet 35mm WOC Green/White (pink) Paper Leaf, and lovely Sweetheart Blossoms I used.

I absolutely love using Burlap String because it adds so much fabulous texture to your cards; and because it is a TREMENDOUS VALUE at just $1.00 for TEN YARDS.  AND.....it comes in 15 fabulous colors.  This is a trim you will use for so many different things, and Really Reasonable Ribbon has it priced so low that you can afford to pick up ten yards of every color.  There are so many fabulous products at Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I encourage you to check it out and treat yourself today!
There's also a FUN CHALLENGE taking place now on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog, and I hope you will play along with us.  Thanks for stopping by, and have a great week.

Karen

Joy Clair Stamps Challenge Blog - July/Anything Goes

11 comments:

  1. Karen, your creativity is beyond amazing. God is the artist, you are His hands. I like to look at your work for inspiration. You always open my mind to new ways of cardmaking with your layouts and extravagant embellishments. You are truly a gift from God to so many. Keep listening to the Holy Spirit, who gives you divine inspiration in your craft. :o)

    Blessings,

    Ginny B

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeously heartwarming card Karen! Love every little detail.
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous and such a fun and pretty card Karen. Adore the wonderful textures on this.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, your card is just gorgeous. Love the color. Those flowers and the ribbon is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow--so many gorgeous elements, Karen, & I really love the colors you used! Thanks for the info on the Burlap String being available in so many colors--gotta check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card Karen - my favourite colours together and all those love flowers and ribbon!! That burlap twine looks amazing, but with the $ conversion rate and postage it would more than double the cost to get it here!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card. I love the gorgeous ribbon.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty I love the ribbons, flowers and felt bird. The colors and overall card is beautiful. Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet card. Love your choice of soft pastel colors. The cluster of flowers are gorgeous. Thank you for playing along with Joy Clair July Challenge. Hope you will play again with us in August!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.