Saturday, April 15, 2017

I Love You Truly

There are some color combinations that I just can't resist, and one of my absolute favorites is combining pink and aqua/teal.  I simply can't get enough of this sweet color mix.  This card was created using black, pink, and aqua Bazzill card stock, pink and aqua seam binding, a pink and an aqua paper rose, a Papertrey Ink heart border die cut from white wool felt, a strip of teal plaid washi tape, machine stitching, white chalk ink, and an October Afternoon sticker and rubber charm (heart).
I also love the chalkboard technique, and I love "dirtying it up" with the white chalk ink.  My husband think it's looks "smudged" with white ink, but I like the card to appear as though I took a chalky chalkboard eraser and smashed it on my card.  It just looks cool to me.   Sorry, honey.....your opinion DOES matter to me....just not in crafting.  LOL

Mod Squad Challenge Blog - Chalkboard Technique - This is my second entry.  I can't get enough of the chalkboard technique.  I absolutely LOVE this look.  Thanks for a great challenge, Barbara, and the crew over at Mod Squad Challenge Blog.

CropStop Challenge - April Linky Party #27 - I can't make anything without using my Tombow Adhesive, and CropStop is a great place to stock up on these.

7 Kids Challenge Blog - Challenge #7 - Anything Goes

Dragonfly Journeys Challenge Blog - Challenge #90 - Hip To Be Square - It was fun to make a square card for a change.

Thanks for stopping by!

Karen

8 comments:

  1. Awe, another sweet creation from you. Love this one too and you are right about the colors. Love your ribbon and flower cluster. Good luck and thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Mod Squad Challenge.
    Barbara DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the chalkboard technique and especially like the smudges! They make it appear more authentic (I think!). Love your sewn edges and that sweet little heart! As always, it's great have you link up to the Cropstop Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Karen, just stopping by after you visited my blog. You always leave such encouraging comments. Thanks! Your two chalkboard cards are really pretty, though I think I like this one the best. Pink and Aqua are a fabulous color combo and they look awesome with the black thrown in, too. Love your multi-colored sentiment, and the "chalk" smudges are what makes it look like a chalkboard. Otherwise, it's just white embossing on black, right?! Anyway, this is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the 'smudged chalk' look too, it totally adds to the nostalgia of using the old chalk boards in school. This card is simply stunning, thanks for joining us at 7 Kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen! This is so pretty and a favorite color combination of mine too. I just love all of the special little touches you've added. Thanks so much for joining my Hip to be Square blog challenge :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just Stunning!! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at 7 Kids Your Crafting Supply Store!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.